The Little Cities Archive

Shawnee, Ohio

Childrens Parade Shawnee

Posted by JRW on February 5, 2011

DO-PH-654

Advertisements

5 Responses to “Childrens Parade Shawnee”

1. Raymond Miller said

Was the teacher Mrs. Smith?
    And who is the big kid in front of her?
    Me, I think I’m right beside her.

2. Rob Dishon said

Raymond,

We have never conclusively decided who the teacher is, but we have generally thought it was Ruth Williams.

• F Raymond (Skip) Miller said

I think I’ve figured it out. Compare the teacher with the one in picture LC-PH- 343. Same eyes, forehead and long fingers. It’s Mrs. Laverne Nichols. I had her for first grade and she was my favorite teacher. She taught at Straitsville, Shawnee and maybe Corning.

Two boys off to her left in like striped shirts, one holding a flag, may be Ashbaugh brothers? I cannot remember their first names, maybe one was Ned? I think their mother was a cub scout den mother. Somebody help me out here.

3. VICKIE MASEK said

iT IS MY 2ND GRADE tEACHER MRS WILLIAMS. I AM THE 5TH ONE BEHIND HER WITH SHORTS ON. VICKIE MCDANIEL MASEK
    SHE WAS MY 2ND AND 3RD GRADE TEACHER AND I NEVER HAD A MRS

• Raymond (Skip) Miller said

That’s who I thought it was the 1st time. She was also my 2nd grade teacher which for me was 1953-54 and the cars parked nearby look like early 50s models, nothing newer. I had Mrs. Nichols for 1st grade. However, we moved to New Lexington at the end of 4th grade and I really don’t recall too many of the kids except the Hatem boys, Bonnie McGraf, Don Mannering and the Ashbaughs. And who was it broke his arm(s) or leg(s) or both falling out of the swings in 2nd or 3rd grade, ____Williams or Williamson?